Released April, 2008
The Pros:Easy to set up for recording, don't need instructions for it. HQ mode makes recordings with accurate colors and good clarity. Firewire connection is fast and easy to work with.
The Cons:Need to be sure to remember to finalize all discs or they won't play on other players. Chapter publishing is poorly implemented, hard to get it right.
The Sony RDR-GX355 is a mid-grade single tray DVD recorder designed for average consumers looking to record content onto DVD discs without all kinds of advanced features. The GX355 features standard video upscaling from 480p to a 1080i HD resolution for enhanced picture quality on a high definition television.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
A unique one touch dubbing feature also allows users to copy content directly to a DVD quickly and conveniently. The GX355 also supports line input recording, which means users can record content like a DVR device from their cable or satellite service for viewing at a later time.
The Sony RDR-GX355 also includes additional features such as universal media disc playback support for use with virtually all types of recordable media, several different recording modes, unique video noise reduction support for a sharper picture, a 16-bit/96KHz digital to analog audio converter, and a 10-bit/54MHz digital to analog video converter.
- Dolby Digital and Dolby dts decoding support
- CD Playback Supported: CD, CD-R, CD-RW
- File Formats Supported: MP3
- Digital-to-Analog Converter: 16 Bit, 96 kHz
- Digital-to-Analog Converter: 10 Bit, 54MHz
- DVD Playback/Recording Supported: DVD (VR mode), DVD+R DL, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R DL, DVD-R/RW, DVD-RAM, JPEG, SVCD, VCD
- Includes screen saver mode
- Convenience Features
- Noise Reduction (video)
- On-Screen Display
- One Touch Dubbing
- Digital Coaxial Audio: 1 rear
- Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr): 1 rear
- Composite Video Input(s): 2 rear/ 1 front
- Composite Video Output(s): 1 rear
- HDMI Connection Output(s): 1 rear
- Optical Audio Digital Output(s): 1 rear
- RCA Audio Input(s): 2 rear/ 1 front
- RCA Audio Output(s): 2 rear
- S-Video Input(s): 1 rear/ 1 front
- S-Video Output(s): 1 rear
- i.LINK for DV/Digital8 Video Input(s): 1 front
- Recording Modes
- 8 Modes on non-doubled layered DVD Media:
- Requirements: AC 120V, 60Hz
- Dimensions (Approx)
- Depth: 11 3/16" (284mm)
- Height: 2 3/4" (70mm)
- Width: 17" (430mm)
- Weight: 6lbs 13oz (3.1kg)
- Limited 1 Year Parts / 1 Year Labor
User Reviews (1)
easy to set up for recording, don't need instructions for it
HQ mode makes recordings with accurate colors and good clarity
firewire connection is fast and easy to work with
attractive design looks great on the shelf with the rest of the stereo equipment
playback is sharp and clear, makes the most of the DVD format
audio output is clear and loud, brings out the details
need to be sure to remember to finalize all discs or they won't play on other players
chapter publishing is poorly implemented, hard to get it right
You may also like...